Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fascinating

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Last night the Captain and I had a genuine disagreement...about which Bush twin was better-looking. I kid you not. This is the degree to which our brains have rotted.

I always thought the new Mrs. Hager was the prettier twin, but the Captain insisted that Ms. Bush is the more attractive. We each tried to justify our opinions, and we each, surprisingly, had a somewhat fleshed-out analysis of each twin's appearance. What fascinated me was that both of us sincerely believed we were right. And it wasn't because the Captain is the type of guy who's always right. Nor was it because he had mixed the twins up. Nay, it was because he sincerely believed Ms. Bush was prettier. It made me wonder if there are just some fundamental, biological differences between men and women when it comes to assessing beauty.

Curious.

No comments: