Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Liberal cliche

Most of the time, I like to think I am a nice, normal, Main Street type of gal.

The fact that I can hear you laughing is indication enough I am nowhere near Main Street. But at least I try. I bake my own cookies, I watch football, I take the bus. And I like it.

But every so often I'll find myself in a situation where there's no use pretending. To wit, I noticed last night as I was reading myself to sleep, in a Georgetown townhouse, where I live with my boyfriend, whom I met in private school, where I got the second of my advanced degrees, that we both were reading...Murakami.

Time to go break out the pearls.

3 comments:

Sarah K. said...

Oooh, I love Murakami. Which one were you reading?

KHC said...

I was reading his running memoir, "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running." The Captain got me a copy for my birthday because, well, I'm about to run twenty-six miles and I need something to think about.

Unknown said...

Laughed out loud... Am I still a liberal cliche if all I read these days is US Weekly?