Monday, December 1, 2008

Yuletide Carol

Now that the turkey's been eaten, I've been singing nonstop to get ready for Christmas. The Captain and I are hosting a Christmas party so I've been learning some very basic carols on the guitar for everyone to sing. I know only four chords, but apparently that's all I need to know.

As I was "practicing" this evening the Captain said to me he was surprised he hadn't heard me sing more often in law school. I gave him a knowing look and laughed at the thought. He replied, "So you're saying law school took the song in your soul and stomped on it?"

Precisely.

5 comments:

Jenski said...

I am beginning to think that many graduate programs do that.

Good to know it comes back though! :-)

Carolyn said...

American Pie is a Christmas Carol? :)

KHC said...

Jenski, it does come back! But it helps to have someone musically inclined in the household to nudge it along.

Caro, yes, American Pie *is* a Christmas carol. So is "Meet Virginia."

mizhi said...

So that's what the void inside of me is... graduate school sucked the soul out.

Not that I can sing, or anything.

Matt Gaventa said...

Seems like the answer to the whole thing is to go join the choir anyway. Not that I'm a church enabler.