Sunday, September 28, 2008

Get a job

Two days ago I applied for a job...at Banana Republic. I saw they were hiring, and thinking my rotted brain could handle retail at least, I filled out an application.

I'm not optimistic.

The manager was very friendly, but as he scanned my employment history, he got a very quizzical look on his face. He thought he saw some retail experience, but dummy that I am, I swiftly corrected him, "I'm a lawyer." Then I explained that my full-time job didn't start until January and that I was just looking for short-term work. He seemed to understand, but I left feeling...well, dumb. Especially because I do have retail experience, at that fabled Princetonian institution, Thomas Sweet. I just conveniently forgot to mention it either on my application or to the manager in person.

It's all right. On my way home I saw that the Gap, Zara, and Restoration Hardware are hiring, too.

4 comments:

Monique said...

You could rock Banana hard core. If you need a reference, have the manager call me. Just looking at your fabulous outfits makes me want to go shopping.

KHC said...

Thanks, Mo. Though it's already Monday night and they haven't called me back. Who knew that retail was just like OCI...

kebm said...

You worked at Thomas Sweet?!?!? OMG why didn't I know this. Sometimes I still crave the oreo yogurt...

KHC said...

Hm, oreo yogurt *was* good. My favorite always was...oh, it's too hard to choose.