Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My new digs

I'm a Washingtonienne! This morning I boarded the train from NJ to DC and officially moved into the townhouse in Georgetown. I've moved in with the Captain, and even though we've been planning this for weeks, only today did it occur to me that we were moving in together. The Captain's baby brother lives here, too, so I suppose that's why I hadn't thought of it as moving in together - I was just getting two new roommates. When my feet crossed the threshold, however, it hit me: the Captain and I are a cohabitating couple.

Wowie.

This new reality will sink in over time. Until then, some reflections on my new digs:
I love it. There's free transportation to the center of town, and I'm walking distance from all sorts of fun amenities: the gym (yes, I already have a gym), a running shop, two bike shops, a shopping mall, a cupcake shop, and...A RED SOX BAR.

There is a Red Sox bar just blocks from my house. I am thrilled. The Captain already has warned me that it's really a meat market, but I'm a tough cookie. I'll keep my eye on the ball.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love the play on words of the new title of your blog!

Good luck on settling in and congratulations on being part of a bona fide domestic partnership!

Unknown said...

It doesn't get better than a cupcake shop and a red sox bar...

Jenski said...

It's always important to scope out the Red Sox bar. Guess the Captain will just have to go too to "protect you", huh?