Sunday, June 29, 2008

Now I'm it.

Mrs. Priest (you may remember her as "The Bride") has started a game of tag, so in the spirit of "why the heck not," here goes:

Ten things for which I am grateful

1. The Captain.
2. My sister.
3. Parents who worked incredibly hard and who sacrificed so much to bring me up in a place drowning in books, music, art, and ideas.
4. Generous, compassionate friends who welcome me into their homes and feed me sumptuous food. (I just came back from the home of one such friend. I'm still thinking about the spread. Oy.)
5. Running.
6. My home church, which raised me as much as my parents did.
7. My imagination, and the capacity to use it.
8. My job. Because I have one, and it doesn't start until January.
9. The security that even though my job doesn't start until January, I'll be able to survive by my brains, my grit, and my ever-growing arsenal of tasty recipes.
10. The Sunday New York Times. It was a weekly ritual at my parents' kitchen table and I look forward to the day when my children can say the same thing.

Okay, now I tag Jenski. Because she LOVES this sort of thing and she's pledged to blog for 365 days in a row so she probably could use some help with ideas. And Lawyer Mom, too, if she wants, though I don't want her to regret having read my blog. (I'm new to this - the novelty hasn't yet worn off.)

4 comments:

Demosthenes said...

Whoo-hoo! #1. Take that, church and NY Times.

Jenski said...

I'm on it! Thanks for the posting material. :-)

Miss Bee said...

i just discovered that you've been posting (nearly?) daily, and i can't believe i've been missing the fun. seems like you and the captain are managing to keep your spirits up despite bar-bri. keep up the good work!

mkc said...

First is the worst, second is the best! Haha. Thanks!