Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lucky

Yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of attending a friend’s unusual birthday party. She had arranged a wine class for her friends, so we had the entire wine school to ourselves. We sipped and we tasted, and we learned about what we should look for when we go to the store. She also provided us antipasti and dessert, and I went home thinking I had had a most enjoyable night. I had spent the evening with friends, I had learned a bit about wine, and I had been generously fed.

After breakfast this morning, I reflected to the Captain how fortunate I felt to lead the life I do. I have been blessed with a wealth of generous friends who support me constantly. I have been lucky to land a great job, and even though the economy’s shaky, I’m confident about my options. I have my Captain. Deciding to go to law school really was one of the best decisions I ever have made.

No wonder somebody wants to steal my identity.

No comments: