Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Territory

The law library, or lawbrary as my friends like to call it, is off-limits to undergraduates. Signs are posted at the entry to the building in very clear print. Every semester, however, a few insouciant undergrads will infiltrate the carrels. This bothers me. In the past, it's bothered me enough to sic the library staff on the interlopers.

Yesterday, an undergraduate boldly sat down next to me. I could tell she was not a law student because, well, law students don't study the Principles of Biology. At least, not outside a bar review. Despite my heightened annoyance, I was too tired to truck myself down to the circulation desk to have her kicked out. Later I thought, well, she's being very industrious and I should encourage that. Which ultimately made me wonder, have I gone soft in my 3L old age?

No comments: