Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mnfsouyre - UPDATED, again!

It is 5:11am. I am at my gate at Logan and already people are yakking away on their cellphones. At FIVE IN THE MORNING. What could people possibly have to talk about at five in the morning? Even with the 24 hour news cycle, it's Sunday. There aren't any markets open, anywhere.

(As you can see, I am thrilled to be up at this hour on my way to the bar. My flight doesn't even board for another hour and a half. Usually I'd blame the Captain and how he's inherited his father's 'Get to the airport eight hours in advance' gene, but this time I can't lay the blame on genetics. No, I lay the blame on a cab company that actually showed up when we called them, a highway completely free of traffic, a checked bag that came in just under the weight limit, and a security check that I'm not sure even happened it was so fast. Who knew.)

And so begins the end. When I got up this morning I looked at my BarBri books and thought, "How weird it will be to come home and throw all these out." Because everyday for the last three, arguably four, years has led up to this. Three years, $140,000, the same five pounds gained and lost and gained (and hopefully lost) again - it's all led up to this exam.

Bring it.

UPDATE: And we're off to a fantastic start. After I spilled Dunkin' Donuts all down my front I went to the bathroom to try to mitigate the damages. Now I have a huge wet spot in the middle of my chest. That's cool.

UPDATED, AGAIN! I am in Oakland! But the Captain is not. We didn't get the same flight out here because of logistical reasons, and somehow my flight made it out of Boston just fine but his had some trouble. So he missed his connection when he got to New York, and there he is still even after numerous attempts to get him to California. We're hoping he'll make it to Oakland by this evening, but even if he doesn't, there's still all day tomorrow. It's a big cramp in the studying, but snafus such as this are why we planned to get here two days in advance, anyway.

Nice to see things are going to plan.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Safe travels! And don't throw away those BarBri books. Big Mo told me you can make a mint selling them on Craigslist.

Monique said...

Yes! Yes! That's exactly what I was going to say! Save your books. You can use the proceeds to buy more of those fabulous J.Crew loafers you wear so well.

Miss Bee said...

Or, you can return them to BarBri to get your deposit back. Though the deposit will probably not buy J.Crew loafers. Evil, expensive monopoly v. copyright. Dilemma.

KHC said...

I love it - fashion discussion on a (marginally) legal blog. I'm sorry to generalize, but I love that I will be surrounded by so many fantastic women lawyers. Because they will appreciate knowing that my fabulous loafers cost me only forty-five bucks. Party on.