Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Progress

No, not in the bar exam sense, but in the recovery of my identity sense.

As some of you recall, somebody stole my identity and caused me great vexation. In April, the IRS told me I'd get my tax refund by June. In June, they told me they needed authentication from me, even though I'd already sent that authentication in April. Seeing that the IRS was not going to help me unless I helped myself, I declared Wednesdays to be "Call the IRS Day." (And after the bar, EVERY EFFING DAY WILL BE 'CALL THE IRS DAY.')

Anyway, it is July 23, and I now have a caseworker to follow up with. I hadn't been able to follow up with her before because she hadn't been assigned to the case until last Friday.

Whatever. She and I are going to be good friends.

2 comments:

Monique said...

At least you are on the offensive with the IRS. Wesley Snipes wishes he were so lucky. So does that Richard guy from Survivor. And Leona Helmsley. But she's dead so it doesn't count.

Jenski said...

Yay, Caseworker! Time to get that tax refund check in the mail...to the proper address...yours.